L-Door Group (further: 'we' or 'L-Door') is committed to honour the privacy of our customers. The collection and processing of personal data within our company is fully in line with the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (better known as 'GDPR'). The aim of this privacy statement is to inform our users as we want to communicate in an honest and transparent way about the collection and processing of your personal data within L-Door.
Specifically, L-Door includes:
By using our website and services, you consent to our collection, storage, use and sharing of your personal data in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Our Privacy Statement is subject to possible future changes based on applicable data protection laws. These adjustments will always be clearly communicated in the Privacy Statement. It is therefore the User's responsibility to review this document on a regular basis.
2. Who processes the personal data?
The GDPR makes a distinction between the controller and the parties performing the actual processing.
The responsible for the processing,
also known as the controller, is any natural person or legal enitity
determining the purpose and the (legal and technical) means for the processing
of personal data, alone or with others. L-Door is the controller regarding the
processing of your personal data.
The actual processor is the natural person or legal person who processes personal data on behalf of the controller. The processor is responsible for the good technical operation of the platform and services. This does not consider the controller's employees, authorized to process the data under direct authority of the controller.
L-Door selects its processors with great care. Every processor must offer sufficient guarantees with regard to technical and organizational security measures concerning the processing of personal data, and fulfill the obligations of the GDPR.
L-Door does not have or take any responsibility for loss or corruption of data, identity theft, data theft, viruses or Trojan horses, SQL injections or other attacks on computer systems or online cloud portals. The processor decides autonomously on the most technically suitable application to process the data, and does so from his professional expertise.
3. For what purposes are my personal data used and what is the legal basis for this?
L-Door collects and uses your personal data only for one overarching purpose, which is to offer a safe, optimal and customized user experience of our website and services. As the User makes more intensive use of our services, we will collect more Personal Data as communicated below.
The processing of your personal data is essential for the operation of the website and the services performed by L-Door. We therefore only collect and process your personal data for the following (internal) purposes:
- Offering and improving our (standardized and customized) services, including invoicing and quotations, collecting and processing user opinions, as well as providing customer support. This processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of the contract between the User and L-Door.
- Offering general information, product information, newsletters and other offers from L-Door. This processing of personal data is only based on the consent of the User, which can be given during the registration procedure (as described in point 4).
- The detection and protection against fraud, errors, criminal behaviour and / or any other action that goes against the conditions under which our website and services are offered. This processing of personal data is required in the context of a legal obligation.
By using our website and services, the User has given consent for the processing of the personal data by L-Door. If personal data of third parties are processed, L-Door explicitly declares that this processing is necessary is for the performance of the contract to which this person is a party or to take action at the request of this person before reaching an agreement.
Since the development in technology and innovation keeps evolving, it is impossible to make an assessment of our future website and services. It is therefore important that this consent also relates to the use of the personal data in the context of the development of new services and services in so far as this falls within the original objective of our platform.
4. How do we collect personal data?
We collect personal data in the following ways:
- Through the registration procedure.
This means that we collect all the data needed for customized services such as some essential contact information, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, telephone and fax number. Additional personal data may be collected during the further processing of the purchase. We will never collect sensitive personal data from the User, such as information regarding health or political opinions.
- Through various technical means.
The website uses various means to optimize the User experience and to detect any (technical) errors in the platform;
- Log information: this concerns information such as the IP address and various telecommunications data.
- Information regarding the device used, such as hardware and software information and network information.
- Local storage information. The platform also collects anonymous data, which is technical data that is only used for internal purposes to get a picture of the User Navigation on your website.
5. Will my data be used outside the EU (or even transferred to third parties)?
The personal data is primarily processed for internal use within L-Door only. We can therefore assure you that personal data are not sold, passed on or communicated to third parties that are connected to us.
However, data can still be communicated to third parties if:
- There is an explicit consent from the data subject;
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of the contract. This will be the case with employees, contractors, agents, subcontractors, suppliers, commercial partners, marketing services, etc .;
- If the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of the contract concluded or to be concluded in the interest of the User between the controller and a third party. For example in the context of fraud;
- When the transfer is necessary or legally required (substantial public interest or right);
The data subject can be assured of the confidential processing of his personal data in case of a acquisition or sale of L-Door. In this case, L-Door will provide the necessary information to the data subject.
L-Door is a Belgian company. Nevertheless, there may be data processing and / or transfer to countries outside the European Union. Under the GDPR, personal data may only be transferred on to countries that guarantee the same adequate level of protection. The country, duration of the transfer and storage, categories of the personal data and precise purposes are criteria to be investigated on a case-by-case basis. L-Door guarantees that no transfer to third countries for data processing or storage will take place without the necessary security measures being taken to comply with the protection requirements of the GDPR and to continue ensuring an adequate level of protection for the personal data. This transfer will only take place on the basis of one of the legal grounds, such as the consent of the data subject.
6. What are my rights?
6.1 Guarantee of a lawful and safe processing of personal data
L-Door always processes your personal data 'fairly and lawfully'. This means the following guarantees;
- Personal data are only processed in accordance with the explicit and legitimate objectives.
- We collect and process personal data only insofar as this is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- We never store your personal data longer than strictly necessary, e.g. as long as your account is active is or as long as the personal data are necessary to offer you a particular service.
L-Door has taken sufficient technical and organizational security measures to guarantee that your personal data will be processed safely. These security measures are proportional to the nature of the personal data and the potential risks. The risks of accidental or unauthorized destruction, accidental loss, modification of or access to, and any other unauthorized processing are therefore reduced to a minimum. Unfortunately, this does not mean that there is no longer any risk. In the event of a break-in to its IT systems, L-Door will immediately take all possible measures to limit damage and / or theft to a minimum.
6.2 Your rights as User
If you wish to assert your rights as data subject, please submit your request in e-mail to the customer service: firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing at L-Door, Denderstraat 29, 1770 Liedekerke. Please ensure that an unambiguous identification is possible.
- Right of access: L-Door will respond to information requests from data subjects to receive confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed and, where that is the case, L-Door will grant the data subject access to his or her personal data.
- Right to rectification and erasure: You have the possibility at all times to have your personal data rectified or erased in accordance with applicable data protection laws. In the event of inaccuracies, we will immediately correct the data stored with us after notification by you. Personal data are deleted when the legal provisions have been complied with, owing in part to the fact that the data for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed are no longer necessary or have been processed unlawfully. With the exception of erasure, only personal data that we need for the execution of ongoing assignments or for the realization of our rights and requirements, as well as data that we have to store for a longer period on the basis of legal retention periods. Insofar as data will not be deleted solely because of a still existing storage period, the processing thereof will be limited by us, even without you requiring this from us.
- Restriction of processing: L-DOOR will respond to requests from data subjects to restrict the processing of their personal data and take the necessary steps, in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
- Objection against data processing: If a data subject would object to the processing of his or her personal data, L-Door will end such processing, unless L-DOOR finds the processing to be necessary. In the latter case, L-Door will establish compelling legitimate grounds for the processing and communicate these grounds to you.
- Objection against direct marketing: You can also object to the processing of your personal data for advertising purposes ("Objection against advertising"). However, this does not apply to the data that are necessary for the performance of the agreement. After receiving your objection, we will no longer use, process or transfer the data in question for any other purposes than the execution of your order and will cease all sending of advertising material to you.
- Objection against data processing on legal basis "legitimate interest": You have the right to object at any time to data processing by us, insofar as it is based on the legal basis of legitimate interest. We will then cease the processing of your data, unless we - in accordance with applicable data protection laws - can prove mandatory legitimate grounds for further processing that outweigh your rights.
- Withdrawal of the consent: In so far as you have given us permission to process your data, you can withdraw it at any time with changing consequences for the future. The lawfulness of the processing of your data until the revocation is separate from this.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities: You have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority. You can contact the supervisory authority that is competent for your place of residence or the data protection authority that is competent to us, which is
Data Protection Authority
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Privacy Statement, or its application in practice, please contact email@example.com